Hi everyone! First and foremost, thank you for being here. It is my first true attempt at this particular writing format and I hope not to disappoint!
23 is the magic number. No, I don’t mean Michael Jordon’s retired jersey number–that’s just a funny coincidence. 23 days until I leave on flight 3BWI4T, Scandinavian Airlines, direct to Copenhagen (capital of Denmark). In the briefest possible explanation, I’m headed there to discover what makes Danish folks so darn happy. 🙂
Proof that I’m SO ready:
- bought tickets!
- secured apartment in Aarhus: super cute living space!
- persuaded my mother to take care of my feral–I mean super cute and cuddly–dog (hi, Mom!)
- renewed passport (mercifully, featuring me WITHOUT braces and a too-tight ponytail)
- sorting out how exactly I’ll use my iPhone or any other tech devices
- figuring out just how I’ll get dozens of Danes to allow me to interview them
- purchasing some sort of transit to get us from Copenhagen to Aarhus
- getting people to start reading my blog (soon to be relocated to a new list, one can hope)
- start learning Danish???
- pack. Probably will happen the day of, to be honest.
Prepared or not, I depart, along with my faithful sidekick/boyfriend/VERY incisive editor Greg, in less than a month. I am definitely excited, a little bit nervous, but mostly just amazed that this is even about to occur. See? I feel happier already!
Wondering what I am actually up to or why I’m taking this trip? Please see my About section and let me know if you have any questions, feedback, or advice! Comments always welcome, especially from my Pulaski community!